Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Chapter 9 - Along came an audition

So, literally, today, I ended up with an internal one hour session, here at work, where I got to chill and chat with two very cool fellows, Chris and Josh, and take a shot at doing some voices for three distinct monsters. Now of course, I can't talk about the scripts or what they were for until, A) I get approved, and B) the actual things utilizing my voice work come out.

BUT, I can touch on something that came to bear today that is super important. Warming up, and practicing. The work I did today, pushed me into some vocal styles that were very gritty and deep resonating sort of hits on my throat. I usually pride myself on being able to hit a wide range of variation and depth, but my limit that I am still working to overcome is to be able to sustain a heavier voice effect or range for a long period of time.

I warmed up and drank tea before I went in the booth, and that helped. But I probably could have stood to have done the voices in practice a bit more closer to the energy level I was putting out today.

Regardless of all of that, it was a lot of fun, and I feel that even though I was a bit out of practice, it came together well. Here's to hoping I find my voice out there again later on, in some new Hallmark stuff.

I think wearing my Oscar the Grouch shirt was a good luck stroke today.


No comments:

Post a Comment